So, this calendar lists:
- To-Do's with a check off box
- Daily tasks with a check off box (things like email, morning duty, voicemails, etc)
- Meetings/Classrooms so that I can track where I went and when (parent conferences, guidance, etc).
- Collaboration box. I made this one a box so that I could fill in as much detail as I wanted. So many teachers catch you in the hall or as you are going somewhere and I wanted to be able to document it all. Having it right in front of me on the desk helps me remember and quickly make a note.
- Students. This is for documenting all of the students I saw whether it was a quick check-in in the hallway or if it was behind closed doors.
- Parents. Again, I want to document the emails, phone calls and face to face conversations.
You can download the School Counseling Daily Calendar from Teachers Pay Teachers for only $3. Just print off however many you would like (I print 20 at a time) and then cut a cereal box or cardboard box our for your backer. Use a paint brush or your finger and brush a little bit of glue or Mod Podge at the top of the papers and cardboard. Use a chip clip to clamp it together for about 30 minutes. Now you have a fantastic notepad right at your fingertips to organize your day!
Next stop, impressing your administration with all of your data!